DevOps Foundation with BizOps
Whether you are in IT or Project management, application development or IT infra/operations, the growing business demand for ever faster time-to-market means that you now need to know DevOps and BizOps, in addition to Agile.
While Agile caters only to development work, DevOps and BizOps will cater to the whole end-to-end IT work process.
DevOps (an international best practice) caters to an agile/lean, automated end-to-end process for application development/enhancement work – starting from development work and extending to the downstream IT infra/operations work (e.g. infra setup, deployment and operations/monitoring).
BizOps caters to an agile/lean process for business needs that are directly catered for by IT infra/ops and IT/project managers without involvement of software developers. These can be new services (e.g. implementation of new infra such as IoT sensor network), upgrade of existing services (e.g. upgrade of wifi network) and work relating to existing services (e.g. service requests, incident management etc.)
While most DevOps courses touch indirectly on BizOps, this course will explicitly cover BizOps in addition to DevOps so as to provide a coverage of lean/agile across all IT services and the roles that all the different IT management/specialists play in it as well as tools that are important to such agility.
As DevOps and BizOps do not have a widely-recognised, de-facto certification body or international standard as yet, this course captures and integrates international best practices from the industry (e.g. from companies such as Spotify) so as to provide useful and practical foundational competencies in DevOps and BizOps.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe DevOps and BizOps objectives and the benefits of DevOps and BizOps to the business and IT in increasing responsiveness of IT releases
- Apply appropriate DevOps / BizOps principles and practices
- Plan and implement integration of DevOps and BizOps to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improve DevOps and BizOps process workflows, communication and feedback loops
- Select appropriate automation practices for different scenarios
- Develop high-level plan to scale DevOps and BizOps for the enterprise
- Establish critical success factors and key performance indicators